18-21 May 2020
Classical:NEXT is an international professional forum for all sectors of the classical music industry.
15-18 May 2018, Rotterdam
The ninth edition of Classical:NEXT drew more than 1.300 music professionals to the Dutch harbour city.
During four days the international professionals’ world of contemporary, classical and more and more early music was populating the congress and concert house De Doelen in Rotterdam.
During the day, the Swiss delegation of 20 people was to be found at the stand SWISS MUSIC, freely offered by the FONDATION SUISA, Pro Helvetia and the Schweizerische Interpretengenossenschaft SIG. Thursday night, the Basel-based duo reConvert Project presented its sounds paired with projections on two large screens in a club showcase format to the international public.
Classical:NEXT 2019 in numbers
- 1300 professionals representing 740 companies from 45 countries
- 320 exhibiting companies on 93 stands
- 240 presenters and promoters
- 170 publishers
- 450 label representatives and distributors
- 350 artists (not including performing artists)
- 190 artist managers
- 105 journalists
- 24 showcasing acts from 18 countries
- 14 project pitches
The next edition of Classical:NEXT is set to take place from 13 to 16 May 2020 in Rotterdam.